Job Title: Workshop Controller/VDA
Are you passionate about cars and driving your career forward with an established and successful workshop?
As a Workshop Controller for our dealership, you are the pivotal person who inspires the department to deliver in a set timeframe and to a high standard. You are responsible for leading a highly skilled technician team, ensuring work completed is on time and to a premium standard. Through effective resource allocation, efficient work scheduling, ensuring all workshop tools are in working order, and that equipment, stock and consumables are well handled you will be critical to the success of the business.
Workshop Controller Duties:-
• Efficiently running the workshop and maintaining high levels of productivity via scheduling and managing work and resources.
• Ensuring the workshop machinery and tools are maintained, thus maintaining a professional workshop environment at all times.
• Install a ‘right first time mentality with all your direct reports, identifying any training, development or mentoring needs as they arise.
• Maintain accurate job cards, completing processes in a timely manner, ensuring team members are also compliant.
• Providing technical support when required, during training or MOT testing.
• Ensure team compliance with processes to ensure recording and invoicing accuracy.
• Maintain good housekeeping and security in the workshop, leading by example.
• Liaise with the Service department to ensure customers are kept informed and resolve any complaints that may arise.
• Valid UK Driving License.
Ideally you will demonstrate:-
• Prior knowledge of the automotive industry ideally in a main franchise dealership
• A Mechanical background who has mentored or trained other Technicians. Ideally with one years’ experience in a similar role.
Please forward your up to date CV to email@example.com for consideration.